TouchNet Marketplace enables campuses to build and operate secure, web-based shopping cart applications and online payment pages. It connects buyers and sellers electronically, making it easy for students, parents, alumni, and the community to do business with the campus.
TouchNet Marketplace is a self-contained e-commerce solution, combining online storefronts with inventory control, order fulfillment, and financial reporting.
Marketplace uStore is a secure avenue to accept on-line credit card payments for events, items and general payments. Marketplace uStores let students, parents, alumni, and others shop online, register for events at the time most convenient for them. As shoppers make payments, Marketplace automatically updates the G/L accounts in the campus finance system. uStores help institutions centralize control of eCommerce finances and technology, while distributing the management and operations of eCommerce websites to authorized campus merchants. Visit the NJCU Marketplace Mall to see the departments who currently have payment sites.
Why use a Marketplace uStore?
- Allows University Merchants to receive online credit card payments through a PCI(Payment Card Industry) compliant gateway
- NJCU has licensing which allows university departments to use uStore
- Makes receiving revenue easier for departments
- Eliminates the need for manual processes, such as invoicing and Data Entry
- Decreases the amount of cash and checks on hand
- Ability to brand your store with desired images and color schemes
- Gather customized information from the buyer
- Offer sales, promotions, packages, and schedule status changes
- Assign users to roles with different permissions such as “Store Manager” and “Accountant”
- Easy reporting for inventory management and revenue reconciliations
What are some common ways uStores is used?
uStores can be used in many different ways for selling both physical and non-physical products such as school apparel, conference attendance etc.
Listed below are few ways uStore is currently being used for:
- Registrations for Summer Camps and Swim Classes
- Collecting tuition payment for Children's Learning Center Department
- Accepting Payments for Non-Credit Courses
- Accepting Undergraduate and Graduate Students Application fees
- Collecting payments for events sponsored by Music Dance and Theatre Department
If your department would like to accept donations, please contact University Advancement.
If you have questions about Marketplace, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 201-200-3526.